*River Miles [RM] are approximate, in statute miles, and were determined from USGS topo maps, obtained from NOAA nautical charts, or obtained from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers website, 2003, 2004.
- DeKay, L., and Hurd, T., 2011, Columbia River Gorge Chapter Ice Age Floods Institute, 2011 Field Trip;
- McArthur, L.A., and McArthur, L.L., 2003, "Oregon Geographic Names", Oregon Historical Society Press, Portland;
- Norman, D.K, Busacca, A.J., and Teissere, R., 2004, Geology of the Yakima Valley Wine Country -- A Geologic Field Trip Guide from Stevenson to Zillah, Washington, Washington Division of Geology and Earth Resources Field Trip Guide 1, June 2004;
- Norman, D.K., and Roloff, J.M., 2004, A Self-Guided Tour of the Geology of the Columbia River Gorge -- Portland Airport to Skamania Lodge, Stevenson, Washington: Washington Division of Geology and Earth Resources, Open-File Report 2004-7, March 2004;
- O'Connor, J.E., Dorsey, R.J., and Madin, I.P., 2009, "Volcanoes to Vineyards: Geologic Field Trips Through the Dynamic Landscape, Geological Society of America;
- Oregon Bureau of Mines and Geology, 1916, "The Mineral Resources of Oregon";
- Swanson, D.A., and Wright, T.L., 1981, Guide to Geologic Field Trip Between Lewiston, Idaho, and Kimberly, Oregon, Emphasizing the Columbia River Basalt Group: IN: Johnston, D.A., and Donnelly-Nolan, J., (eds.), 1981, Guides to Some Volcanic Terranes in Washington, Idaho, Oregon, and Northern California: U.S. Geological Survey Circular 838, 189p.;
- U.S. Geological Survey, Geographic Names Information System (GNIS) database, 2006;
All Lewis and Clark quotations from Gary Moulton editions of the Lewis and Clark Journals, University of Nebraska Press, all attempts have been made to type the quotations exactly as in the Moulton editions, however typing errors introduced by this web author cannot be ruled out; location interpretation from variety of sources, including this website author.