*River Miles [RM] are approximate, in statute miles, and were determined from USGS topo maps, obtained from NOAA nautical charts, or obtained from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers website, 2003
- Armstrong, C.H., (compiler), 1965, "History of the Oregon State Parks: 1917-1963, published by Oregon State Parks.
- Davison, D., and Knapp, B., 2010, Historic Columbia River Highway Cultural Landscape Inventory: Shellrock Mountain to Ruthton Point, prepared for the Oregon State Department of Transportation, January 2010;
- Hadlow, R.W., and others, 2009, HCRH Oral History Report, SR 500-261, August 2009, Oregon Department of Transportation;
- Historic American Engineering Record (HAER) No. OR-36-C report, 1996, National Park Service;
- Otis and others, 1986, "The Forest Service and The Civilian Conservation Corps: 1933-42, U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, FS-395, August 1986, Chapter 14, Mount Hood National Forest.
- PLUS: Historic Columbia River Highway sources;
All Lewis and Clark quotations from Gary Moulton editions of the Lewis and Clark Journals, University of Nebraska Press, all attempts have been made to type the quotations exactly as in the Moulton editions, however typing errors introduced by this web author cannot be ruled out; location interpretation from variety of sources, including this website author.